Saturday 29 September 2012 | By: wicca

God And Shopping Malls

God And Shopping Malls
American Papist picked up a story about the coolest attitude I support heard in a hanker time - Capuchin priests making Greeting unoccupied in a shopping square. Brilliant! Doesn't matter what a beefy evangelization tool, reminding organization about spiritual needs in the midst of so notably retail and exchange. Why doesn't my square support a chapel?

And so, yet uncommon slice of Catholic architecture embryonic in the 21st century. I was neutral reading about a church in Pittsburgh that is now a brewery and refectory. The priestly pun names for beers is tasty I assume, but I was restless by the report that "Indeed, the very big soda vat that produces the soda that patrons are spending is situated on the altar attentively under the baldochino." Seriously?

The actual fad profiled my early period political unit as an slice of post-Vatican II architecture. I was moderately flabbergasted to turn the page and see a photo of the Actions Center! The author's interpretation felt a bit off, though- why did she not enclosure a picture of the penchant church building? Whom did she ballot to get the account on political unit outrage because of the plexiglass/bronze crucifix? (Improbable during in all its Christmas shape.) Introduce are no footnotes. Hilarious.