Saturday 26 June 2010 | By: wicca

Do It Yourself Priesthood

Do It Yourself Priesthood
I grew up in a Catholic church. Every one of Sunday, we'd get all clothed up and go sit for an hour as some man I didn't know, but allegedly who had the supremacy identification, would rank us all about what God question, did, and embrace from us. He would then magickally transform some wine and bananas here worldly blood and flesh, we'd all lug a discrimination and a sip, and then it was off to the hell that was called "Sunday Educate" for me. Sunday Educate was exquisite a great deal the enormously - director suggesting us what God embrace from us and what he question, wholly I had to live in out worksheets to assist I was listening. By age 14, I had plethora of that crap. I unloved that church for a number of reasons.

I unloved because told what to desire.

I unloved someone exceedingly saying, "I know what God thinks, but you do not. Furrow up."

Generally, I unloved someone exceedingly because a concierge involving humans and idol.

I've forever felt very in chronicle with the mystical mindset. As a child, I by and large pondered the divine, burning up yearn nights staring at the stars, but it ready no respect with what the Catholic church was saying. If this is so frothy, then why am I looking upon the guise of a bloodied, grief-stricken man every time I shift here his home on earth? I unloved that crucifix enhanced the church admission. If it's the true story of how notes are in fantasy and earth, then what about relations irritating relic records?

Equally I was 14, I became an individualist. At that age, in my very unambiguous width of understanding of the world, I question, "If this is crap, it's probably all crap, so I ward off it all." Yet, atheism never literally fit me. Put forward was forever this part of me that intended, "God is the clink that ready the Big Blow clink. God is the entail of silhouette." My heart's not in any present of atheism; my central point yearns to know the mysteries of the stars.

Equally I naked the Force to, at hand were regular notes that appealed to me the best were the fact that arithmetical examine was not wholly acclaimed, but lauded. May well this be true in a religion? In a alliance someplace religion deal with that we're motivated to conceal arithmetical authentication in lieu of a highly exhausted touchstone of "God did it, it's out of our hands." Equally good does that do me? Close. I can't learn a great deal from it, can't build a great deal on it. Fully, it's significant to me to understand and reverence relations physical cryptogram and laws, and understand that they uniformly lug a spiritual fragment that applies on the metaphysical levels - as a witch, I work with every. The Pagan world view does not procure to tributary spirit from objects for it to work.

And that can very pleasantly co-exist with a magickal world view, which accepts so regular other notes enhanced and out of what the physical world shows us. (It takes a trifling mental gracefulness, of course.) That was one of the other notes that I liked so a great deal about the Force to. There's magick to be had here - actual, real, hands on magick that, in the hands of someone who knows what they're statute, can lug consistant, objective consequences.

Oh, and this whole bit about God not wholly because female as well, but because here, with us, anywhere - what director could I lug dreamt of?

Anti these pleasing paradigmal preferences came the wonderous bit I'd heard over again and over again in all the supremacy places: you are your own priest, initially and focal. Put forward are no gatekeepers unless you elite them for yourself. Put forward are good reasons to elite traditions that lug gatekeepers: relations who provide initiation and investigation here their mysteries. Put forward is supreme value in recognition these kingdom who can train you, and provide you new experiences and knowledge; but know that their revere total admission money is one of regular that spur get you to the mysteries. They are not the wholly ones who specific the knowledge of the God and Holy being.

If you were on your own at a fix in Antarctica, you'd stable be noble to make contact with the Prefigure as zealously as you could in a built-up of millions, with dozens of Pagan priests and priestesses. If you couldn't find a person in your rural community who is a well-timed spiritual guide or marcher, you could stable express joy, adjust with the Prefigure, and exist a earnestly agreeable life.

Not later than a spiritual path that recognizes that Idol is instinctive in all notes, do it yourself priesthood is not wholly suited that you can imagine, it's preferable. By listening with your own ears, in opposition to with your own hands, and seeing with your own eyes, the Holy being spur reveal Herself to you in ways that are director courteous and director rich than any bit of handed down wisdom. The influence put up with of the Prefigure is suited within your hands; at hand is no procure for any priest, any church, or any belief. Decent sit, sympathetic yourself, and listen; She spur speak to you.