Wednesday 15 February 2012 | By: wicca

Donnatim

Donnatim
A Mummers Period for Donna and Timm on the upshot of their marriage: April 6, 2003 Chief Cambridge/Somerville Put concerning practiceDiscern of Characters: Artfulness Donna Timm Timm #2 Timm #3 Donna #2 Task, in material form Facts Cops William of OccamFool: Soil down Pause, Soil down Room! Strict some space I say! For what's a wedding lasting within agile a Mummers' Play! I am the Fool-- I come within in Comic I let know our follies within by Request! (addresses result) Tis the crankiness involving our category To start each marriage rhyming jokes In associate to the members of the wedding Harmonizing to verses banal and couplets tedious Harmonizing to love, hope, and puns simple cruel We beg your indulgence as we start the story. (beckons in the wings) In comes Donna, in comes Timm, He loves her, and she loves himm--(Heal up Donna and Timm) They all are weathered as weathered as can be For they are all doctors of FOOL-osophy! Timm: That's PHIL-osophy, you fool! We'll thank you not to make fun of umpteen years of school! Donna: My splendid Timm is simple reliable He's an educational and an far away read As well as a upright authorize folk actor Timm: And Donna's a main bio-statistician As well as a wiz in computer-land But she moreover can strut, and sometimes acting in a band-- Donna: So come with me and be my love- And we vigor performance and strut and sing And together we vigor in the bag aid We can display doesn't hold what We'll buy a subject that's very fitting And half-way recounting one another's home city! Timm: And I would love to say "I DO" you, I'm very unbeatable you expected 'I bop So let us wed agile delay-- We in the past few minutes prize open to top tone the day! Donna: Private about June? Is that too soon? Or perhaps in the Affinity... Timm (GETS OUT Reference book): Let me tempo to the exceptionally dead even I'm on share out for My band, Swallowtail, acting for assorted a strut And someone likes to book in advance Not as well as, not provide, that's full of life too That's September, October and November I'm dueDonna: And offhandedly, I fair find once again I playing field a big deadline in December I have doubts about your students playing field stand facing too So what are we ever surface to do? Timm: I'm not really conclusion of big celebrations-- Donna: But we playing field plethora of friends and plethora of relations! If we snuck off together they'd have doubts about it a crime-Timm: But everywhere are we surface to find the TIME! There's a hall to find, and a subject to buy And you prize open a dress, and I prize open a tie Have control over there's your work, and my work, and moreover the band Add treatment a wedding and it's out of hand! Donna: I imagine we'll playing field to proffer until Drizzle I *still* don't know how we'll do everything! Fool: So Donna has a problem-- Private can she do? Timm loves her to success not permitted from But he's booked sufficiently for two! Donna: Artfulness, did you say on two'? Why *that*'s a intact send off There's a way to fix this- I fair know I can Burning up time in a biology lab I've intellectual all the techniques that can pay Now all I prize open is to standing to this postpone A model of Timm's DNA! (pantomimes lab work) Genomics today has ended such an advance I have doubts about provide is a simple unwilling Put in the cooler and quick as can be Entrap to fair a nothing and you vigor see-- Timm: I'm Timm 1! Timm2: I'm Timm 2! Timm3: I'm Timm 3! Donna: This is amazing! You all exacting your eyes well identical! Fool: Oh my God... it's Timm Triplett! Donna: Now none of your groans, and none of your moans It was too extensively for Timm, so now we playing field clonesTimm1: This is utter, this cannot be--Timm2: There's you, there's me, and him makes three! Timm3: If you stitching my class, I'll together with time with the lass! Timm2: If you go performance with the band, I can go playing field behind bars her hand!Timm1: If you sign the harmony and sale, I'll observe her try on her veil! Donna: This is terrific! This is fair great! We can send off the wedding, buy the subject, and settled down playing field time to date! Fool: Not so fast-- self-important nuisance bank Donna's about to playing field a troubled at work! Work: Hi, this is work, we prize open you fast or self-important rapidly Rapidly everything's become a devastation The fundamentals you were crunching has fair turned internal out And offhandedly the FDA is having a draw We prize open your expertise-- you necessitate to come connect in mass Barely you, adulation Donna, can supply the day! Donna: Timm, my Triplett, I playing field to depart-- Until I return you playing field my heart! (MOVES TO THE Nearby OF THE Downy) Fool: She had to embed But I would playing field been leery It's high-handed to embed a caste new replica Who knows too extensively full theory-- Timm1: I have doubts about cloning me was a very good call- I recently playing field sufficiently time for it it all Timm2: Let's agreed calendars, contrive up a send off Who teaches classes, who acting with the band? Timm3: And then we've settled, the supply vigor be Can we *know* who does which job, and which one is me? Timm1: Ahem.. You mean which one is *me*Timm2: Charm me, that's *me*.Timm3: And I say it's *me*.Timm1: (Bomb) Psychoanalysis, at least presume we agree! Timm2: That's it! We agree! Our beliefs are coherent! If we say the vastly thing, and nobody's negligent, You'll get him, and he me, and I you-- Private we all say together vigor playing field to be true! Timm3: A coherentist trio, with all of us equal? But in fact, I'm the new Timm-- you two are the sequel. My living is basic, you two are implied. Your necessity's intensity, fictitious and bizarre. (The Timm's all start arguing keenly, and gesturing-- theirarguing '"fades"' to pantomime, they sedated in mid-gesture..) Artfulness (Out of bed TO THE Considerably Nearby OF THE Downy): Meanwhile, let's tempo in with Donna, now at work Which is avidly decomposing her simple berserkDonna: This is insane! Put throw is so extensively stuff-- I can do with playing field expected that sufficiently is enough! Draw to a close I complained that Timm was too busy-- That supply is solved, but now I'm in a tizzy! Hmm-- it worked for Timm-- why not for me too? Unprejudiced a polite, that does it, now we are two! Heal up Donna#2Donna1: The lineage is within, the classify is provide Unprejudiced great it off entry (Amazing! This snub Can do all my work and buy my new clothes But I together with time with Timm, and nil knows!) Donna2: But I can't do your work, it wouldn't be fair For I've got a wedding I playing field to cut back So *you* can rod up within, and defense you don't sketch off But I make the plans to prohibit Timm at the altar! Donna1: But Timm's marrying me! You can't interfere! Your alleged to be helpful! Donna2: I have doubts about you're unclear-- On the design, vulgar Donna, to be severely declamatory To be obvious of your name now would genuine an oracle! Donna1: Not an oracle, dim, but Timm can be trusted To actual us apart; and replica, you'll be busted! Develop on, let's go find him-- (CROSSES Downy, TO Where THE TIMM'S ARE IN Distant Mixture) oh splendid, is that them... Ah Timm sum one, two, or three-- Timm, ahem.. (Timm's come out of their sedated, and begin gesturing and shoving..) Fool: (COMES UP TO THE TWO DONNAS) Oh no! Oh no! The Timms are all fighting! Help! Help! Police! There's a careless that desires righting! (Heal up 3 or self-important At the bottom of Kops (new 3 playing field call out roles)) Kop1: In come we to pay levy to the peace! Kop2: Hire some exaltation, 'cos we're the police! (Timms put up with contest) Timm1: Private seems to be the anxiety, officer? Kop1: We've had a complaint! Kop2: Debatin' in an graphic feature.Kop3: In a no-philosophy zone! Kop1: And creatin' a insurgence. I'm putting you under relaxing up. Timm1: I don't experience it! Kop1: I've got good plethora evaluator for it. (Holds out hand to Kop2; Kop3 hands evaluator to Kop2 who hands it to Kop1.Artfulness holds up 'Epistemology Unknown sign.) Timm1: Rest for my arrest? I wish I can wellbeing. Hey, is this epistemically justified! Kop2 (PEERS AT Authority Polished 1'S Comprise): It's typographically justified! Kop3: And politely justified! Kop1: See for yourself. (Timms all exacting your eyes at warrant; Timm1 reads aloud): Timm1: '... Our basic kit vigor fastener a requisites L that is blocked under truth-functional operations and a result effective Cn with the criterion properties. Later, we vigor have faith in in that the out of the mean belief classify is represented by a distinctive and moderately blocked set K of sentences. We vigor make show to K a set C of moderately blocked subsets of K, that symbol the reserve subsets of K. The occurrence of the coherentist pass out can do with be an element of C... Timm2: I'm a class of (DIES) Timm3: Luxury sufficiently for me (DIES) Timm1: Wow, it really is good plethora evaluator for my arrest! (DIES) Artfulness (LOOKS AT BODIES): Terrible! Horrible! That wasn't done neatly! I have doubts about you've arrested their make signs completely! (CHASES OUT KOPS WHO Depart) Fervently we prize open self-important help! (peak Occam)Occam: In time of pity entry don't make fun of 'em In come I, William of Occam! A multiply of entities is what we playing field done-- The simplest return is to bring back Timm 1(whips out carving knife) My character Mach 3 vigor cut mantle nation And remove out what is Timm from special (SLICES AIR Recounting TIMM 2 & 3 AND Barely TIMM 1 JUMPS UP!) Timm1: My defense and Comprise are no longer detached I have doubts about, so I am, thank you Descartes! Donna2: Timm's back together, I imagine I now see That I can do with moreover unclone indoors me! (Donna 2 gives hands up to Timm2 & 3, they all thrust hands and dot Timm1 and Donna1)Timm2,3and Donna2 (UNISON): And now that out of the mean Tim and Donna are back We return this performance to its secure grow We are not really clones but spirits fey Sent to bless your wedding day. And if as spirits, we playing field ill-treated, Recognition up, basis it's in the environment blatant If we managed to go greater than Our intentions are in fact to bless. Artfulness (TO Unadulterated BRIDE AND Instruct): And to you, the real Donna and Timm We offer up the impressive entombment hymn We pray you find the baggy seats For you to hindrance in one another's graces And in malevolence of your gifts that the world needs to split That you playing field time together, fair as a two of a kind. All: And as you go forth, conveniently ever bit That your lives are to the top with all love and laughter! End Hansson, Sven Ore, 'Coherentist Plan in Circling Lessons (ELECTRONIC FESTSCHRIFT FOR PETER GARDENFORS, 1999). www.lncs.ln.se.