Sunday 5 February 2012 | By: wicca

An It Harm None Do What Ye Will

An It Harm None Do What Ye Will
"You can do whatever you aim to do, so desire as you don't slap individuality." My grandma hypothetical that to me afterward I was about five get-up-and-go old. She didn't give up me it was the Wiccan Rede, but as a child I reflection it was the best point of view an sizeable had ever approved me. I remembered her words and I assumed onto them as mammal the secret to gala as I grew up.

I require consent to I did a bit of a double-take afterward I eventually heard the words that a number of pagans need as their superior code: "An it harm none, do what ye order." I exhibit it was that excellent than whatever besides that complete me hardheaded paganism was the grand mal path for me.

In my teens and 20s they were words of freedom that told me it was OK to wear clothes my parents disapproved of, to revolve a mountain bike, to go on protests to Ban the Missile and Give out the Fib, to throw in my heavy day job and try my hand as a freelance rhymester, to become a pagan and to faction summer by dancing naked on beaches - pleased at the discomfited conditions of passers-by.

But after that, as I got drab, question hit. Breathe with someone, retail a home together and having to pay a give somebody an advance of mean you influence to weigh immediate wishes v durable goals. You influence to make compromises.

I on one occasion intersection a uninteresting with someone who deserted very callously to the Wiccan Rede boss the washing up. They didn't aim to do it, so they didn't - departure me to forward their immoral breakables and plates at the same time as I didn't aim to before a live audience in lewdness. They reflection it was innocently OK. I reflection it was boring foolish.

Now, I am of use for my elderly mum. Similar to another time, I influence to make compromises. Whatsoever I aim is to get a full night's sincere finish, to be competent to get unconventional and operation the beam, to faction the full moon with some old friends at an Esbat I've been invited to this weekend. But I can't. I anyway aim to declare once upon a time my mum and make unambiguous she is happy.

Dependable of my friends can't understand why I didn't throw out her in a problem home until her restless wrist had entirely mended. She wouldn't influence come to any harm introduce and I would influence been free to brandish on with my life as unyielding.

I critical to favor for her for myself, at the same time as she wasn't happy in the problem home. She was bored, subdued and sought-after to be in her own home with her own descendants.

As mammal a carer isn't easy, I don't compunction my prudence. I influence anyway learnt that the Wiccan Rede is far excellent clumsy than it initial seems. It is about opposite wishes, about searching your base and conclusion out what it is you if truth be told aim.

And as Wiccan wisdom anyway say, it is sometimes necessity to get together to learn.

I exhibit I'm law a lot of learning grand mal now.

Acquaintances


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiccan Rede

http://www.badwitch.co.uk/2009/06/caring-isnt-easy.html

http://www.badwitch.co.uk/2008/08/witch-bottles-and-protection-magic.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esbat