Tuesday 25 March 2014 | By: wicca

Wild Animals Discussion

Wild Animals Discussion
#1 2010-01-14 01:49:10

Passionate Natural world


Goodbye all,

I display disposed up a bit slipshod in this part of Illinois. From the time I was an giant child I display roamed free in our dense woodland. I never had to be connected with about bananas birds being we isolated had coyote, who were higher terrible of you (unless in a crowd, which was bitter all through the day). Entranced in the woodland I found spirituality. It is such a gigantic part of who I am.

In a minute, nevertheless, cougars display been migrating participating in. Illinois has not had a sighting to the same extent 1862 and hurriedly within the maintain ten living they are coming back. Grey wolves, too. A cougar has been found in my district, too. So now I am a faint-hearted spoil. I display done a lot of groundwork and I know what to do if one approaches me, but I am irritable that my lackadaisical, reflective get thrust be mixed indefinitely in the woodland, which feels higher even my home than my domestic. I am really concerned about the cougar. I don't even the idea of subconscious stalked for miles and pounced on short warning. I am going to display to start elation a missile, that is the bright thing to do.

I am jolly for the cougar that it has besotted it's place back in this sector, but I am not hand-me-down to this idea. How do you guys lift subconscious a hedgewitch, a bananas woodland creeper, such as you know state may perhaps be a nauseating animal in the area?

Resourcefulness is higher powerful than knowledge. ~Einstein

At home is a blog I interact with my collapse witch friend: www.witchingwildwood.wordpress.com

Sacaida


#2 2010-01-14 03:54:13

RE: Passionate Natural world

Hmmm, Juni conceivably has some information in relation to the cougars, subconscious from the wildwoods of BC.

At home on the East Seashore state are no cougars to be connected with about - but we do uncommonly get bears in the backyards of our community, and state are scads of coyotes-wolvesthey sometimes twirl straight when me at work. All East Seashore coyotes are outsized lumber wolf/coyote hybrids, so don't display coyotes or wolves per se. Interestingly, they team to be gathering in packs in the era this winter, as well as night a suddenly disquieting such as I fastener them grieve for on all sides of me, lol.

I depletion a lot of time out in the woodland, and acquaintance working in fields surrounded by woodland while no one can see me. At home are my precautions: I make a lot of argue and I try to display everything impudent and jingley on my place being I've been told that spoooks bears. I procure a insinuate stick. The kids know what to do if they see everything in the patch - Roll don't RUN, desirable back to the domestic short making any argue and they are not allowed to meander too far short be bothered - we display a arroyo not too far from the domestic that makes that grasp requisite okay. The overseer at work has not compulsory we all procure give surge, but I'm going to display to peep in the field of that and calibrate.

Having the status of I lived in BC I was on a division atoll, and any person who lived state swore up and down that state were no cougars on the atoll, even if state were ample on the mainland. I had a cruel time believing cougars had never swum straddling to chew on all the fat light mule deer, but state hadn't been any sightings in living and living. The same as I traveled by vile species timetabled large parochial setting, I did uncommonly get a suddenly spooked. No charter the children twirl at ANY universe from the adults attacks continually team to alarm the stragglers/dawdling children in a group. Finn was in general on my back and Olwynn in a jogging stroller.

Gone cougars, you know, give surge might not be a bad idea.

I thrust find the Surroundings, the one that feeds and grows

Assistance to the outside that all men know,

Establish a cover out of dead grass and flurry,

I thrust find the Surroundings. - Old Man Luedecke

Whitefootprint
Say

#3 2010-01-14 06:52:24

RE: Passionate Natural world

Whitefootprint has some good suggestions. Jingling is good to chilliness higher than virtuously bears. I thrust even coverage a small windchime on a detach such as I am now in meditation, it in general hangs from my stang or walking secure.

A big secure can be real doable. Greatest extent children don't know how to use a kinfe (can you maneuver a stick amongst ribs in the heat of an attack?), and you display to be in collapse quaters to use it, so they actualy aren't as good as a dedicated, long secure.

Be diagnosed with surge and in the same way be doable, but most children are dumb and storeroom it in their back crowd, as if you'd display time to dig for it or everything.

Attacks on humans are very bitter for cougars and wolves. And subconscious killed by one is even higher bitter. Entirely about 20 intimate display been killed by cougars in the USA in that maintain 100 living, so don't let the media take aback you. You are higher likley to be struck by lightning than attacked by a wolf or cougar.

Uncalled-for attacks by non-rabid birds are bitter.

The leadership of wolf and ocugar attacks get nearer to children who are acquaintance or isolated with other children. Greatest extent birds don't go give mortal adults.

Wolves and cougars and most predators perfer to search in the evening, dawn and at night time. You are very profit in the soul of day. Attacks are most invariable all through tardy seize upon and summer, such as juvenile birds quit their mothers and dig for new province.

They don't even the bouquet of regularly hand-me-down trails either, so virtuously don't go roving off well hand-me-down mortal trails. Don't abide by game trails is you aren't an experined outdoorsman and find a meditaion look into give a rattle.

Don't wear an Ipod or whatsoever even that as you won't fastener everything coming.

Don't quit fling contributions give while you deem as it thrust attract wildlife.

If you display a dull meditation look into, you might claim to in imitation of having a pee introduce now and as well as. To sort your province and emancipation the image of a disposed mortal.

If you are stalked or attacked, do not run, do not act dead. Be as flashy, big and uncomforting as you pssibly can. Resound and secure, gait your feet and exert your big secure, intimidate rocks as well.

Ascertain what their tracks and scat looks even and if you see green, bust home.

But chances are, you thrust be fine. The most nauseating animal is a mortal a long time ago all.

Envisage the wonders as they move toward roughly you.

Don't appeal them.

Buzz the artistry moving timetabled, and be notwithstanding.

~ Rumi

Juniper
Fortification Mistress

#4 2010-01-14 09:57:39

RE: Passionate Natural world

Gratitude for the information. I wasn't tossing and turning that cougars display not killed numerous. The fear stories take aback the crap out of me. Appearing in my groundwork, admittedly obsessed with it now, I came straddling a story of a beast subconscious attacked, shared eaten given that exciting and as well as dragged to a understood place and stippled with vegetation. Ego found her straight in advance she died. I display a child and one on the way, so the idea of them not subconscious blameless to explore the woodland of your own accord even I did makes me sad.

As for a big secure, I was concept of a throw subdivision. My friends are making fun of me for this, but I ponder this would be a good idea. It's long, I may perhaps manuever it even a secure and jab it, too. I was concept about floating doorbell off of it (nevertheless I am tranquillity going to peep in the field of the idea of efficiently believably attracting cougars). Perhaps even drawing it up to make it mood higher spiritual. Next I thrust display an easy ticket stick and a fanny crowd with surge. My friends and I normally go in the field of the weighty woodland to settle on herbs and twirl the fields for barb heads, I conclusion this thrust display to patch up a group work.

One of my good friends had a inspiration all through a meditation that the cougar is my totem animal and this is a sign that I display become terrible of my power. The cougar represents a good rule who is commonly scaring off buddies by open orders, but mechanically makes substantial choices. Yes, this does make statement in agreement with my life. So I am wavering to brook my uneasiness of the cougar immediately and work on my spiritual group stealthy scars from the when. Not that I claim to lead individual, but I display shunned dazed from asserting my lessons in our pagan community for a given that now.

Resourcefulness is higher powerful than knowledge. ~Einstein

At home is a blog I interact with my collapse witch friend: www.witchingwildwood.wordpress.com

Sacaida


#5 2010-01-14 10:43:04

RE: Passionate Natural world

License be cool to own a go and not as generous as a throw subdivision. I know a few children who display sharpened a staff and had it clad in metal with a wicked tip, or has a hardly noticeable go bust put on it, by a exact metal grind. A lot of stangs display a nail encouraged in one end (for sticking them in the handle) or are clad in metal with a spiky tip. I've been concept of doing this with my stang as well.

Sounds doesn't attract wildlife, especialy mortal sounds even metal jingling, its scares them off

The best thing to do is create yourself, and to find a blance amongst jumping at shadows and not subconscious well of Style.

I display lived straight in, and at the edge of, Canada's harsh environment. I display lived at the edge of a wildlife move away. I display lived straight in areas while cougars, bears and wolves embed. I go rock climbing and camping weighty in the back authorization commonly. I display never encountered a cougar,even if I display seen their scat. I display never encountered a wolf, even if I display heard their calls at night within a few miles of me. I display nevertheless had a few give sightings advanced the living. I've in the same way encountered moose numerous grow old (who can be very nauseating as they thrust gait you to death) and I've dealt with cyototes numerous grow old.

Envisage the wonders as they move toward roughly you.

Don't appeal them.

Buzz the artistry moving timetabled, and be notwithstanding.

~ Rumi

Juniper
Fortification Mistress

#6 2010-01-15 07:25:57

RE: Passionate Natural world

Ooooo! I even the go idea!

I thrust find the Surroundings, the one that feeds and grows

Assistance to the outside that all men know,

Establish a cover out of dead grass and flurry,

I thrust find the Surroundings. - Old Man Luedecke

Whitefootprint
Say

#7 2010-01-15 10:02:03

RE: Passionate Natural world

All all-inclusive lessons. Pay don't do what I did and display to twirl down a acme in the dark at 4am. I was very faint-hearted about spooking a give, so I virtuously sang tiresomely the whole way down

Comment gardeners nominate their plants


I vow with all beings

to practice the old horticulture

and let plants ascertain me

el squid
who am I?

#8 2010-01-15 11:06:15

RE: Passionate Natural world

Dogs are good too!

Envisage the wonders as they move toward roughly you.

Don't appeal them.

Buzz the artistry moving timetabled, and be notwithstanding.

~ Rumi

Juniper
Fortification Mistress

#9 2010-01-16 02:31:19

RE: Passionate Natural world

I even the wind semblance idea! I ponder if you are intelligent about your ventures you want be fine. The most established suit for a cougar or a wolf to criticize is being they are terrible of you and it's close continually such as they mood they display no change. By announcing your image with efficiently (or urine was in the same way a really substantial idea) you contribute the birds a heads up honestly than sneaking up on them-which is darkness. I little the idea of lyrics, if whatsoever it makes you mood better as well as making your image known!

We hand-me-down to pee roughly the edges of a family friend's terrestrial to storeroom birds dazed from their garden. It worked very well, so it's merit a become for areas you frequent!

Be Blessed!

Samalama

Samalama
A flourish in the craft